Technical Service Representative
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Customer Service Representative for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Chicago, IL 60606 CONTRACT: 6 months or longer PAY RATE: $24 per hour SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturers of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry. They are a business unit of the company and a technology leader in IoT solutions for the commercial telematics, security and home automation markets. For over thirty years, they have made smarter connections for our customers. By combining wireless technologies, purpose-built devices, and SaaS commercial offerings, they've been a disruptive force in the IoT market.
- The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing customer service and basic technical support for hardware and software applications to our Tank Monitoring customers via the support portal, email and phone.
- You will be responsible for answering hardware and application questions related to software navigation, product configuration and reporting.
- We are looking for a dynamic individual with excellent communication skills and a background providing technical support for Hardware and Software platforms
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot with regard to:
- Connectivity and wireless signal issues
- Differential pressure and sensor technology issues
- Product installation assistance to our Value Added Resellers (VAR) and direct Tank Monitoring customers
- Manage the Hardware RMA process for all customers
- Collaborate extensively with peers, members of the Customer Experience team and Tank Engineering team
- Interact with customers and team members with professionalism and maturity
- Manage queue on a daily basis by prioritizing tickets, updating status, and documenting all action taken
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer support role
- Proficient in various computer software applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, SFDC & Great Plains)
- Demonstrated ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good organization and documentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Experience in wireless, chemical, diesel, propane or gasoline industries preferred
- Bachelor's Degree with computer and/or electrical engineering knowledge preferred, or equivalent experience
COMPENSATION: We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. Benefits available.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.