Provider Utilization Coordinator
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Provider Utilization Coordinators.
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX 78228
CONTRACT: 6 months, temp to hire
Monday – Friday 8:00am -5:00pm
Over-time Required: No
Supports VAO operations and it's providers by maintaining, utilizing and maximizing electronic scheduling software for Independent Physician Affiliates (IPA's).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistent and effective communication with IPA providers and operations
- Ability to effectively utilize reports and tools to communicate IPA provider schedules to the providers and to communicate and escalate information and trends to VAO
- Proactively communicate issues/concerns with IPA provider schedules proactively to VAO leadership teams as necessary
- Ability to coordinate with regional utilization manager (RUM) on IPA utilization issues
- Responsible for building and adjusting provider's schedules
- Constantly evaluates the utilization of dedicated IPA providers
- Prevention of gaps and overbooking in provider's electronic schedules
- Time slot capitalization which includes communication with operations scheduling staff
- Effective management of electronic confirmation systems (i.e.eMessenger, Pega communicator, ACD) in order to minimize no show rates
- Efficiently utilizes electronic tools and workflows in order to manage resources such as: ECW, UCM, eProcess and other tools as necessary
- Ability to prioritize operations and provider's requests when and if necessary
- Any other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Proficient in relevant computer applications (i.e. MS Outlook, Electronic Scheduling software) with an ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to follow and adhere to standardized process workflow on a daily basis
- Ability to communicate effectively with providers of all specialties
- Exceptional customer service principles and practices to both internal and external customers
- Excellent data entry and typing skills
- Highly skilled in multi-tasking while managing multiple priorities
- Able to work various shifts and hours to cover multiple times zones
- Strong knowledge of administrative and clerical processes
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member as well as an individual contributor
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma, or equivalent (GED)
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a high volume healthcare setting with daily utilization of electronic scheduling software
- Experience utilizing EMR or case management software
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.