OpenStack DevOps Engineer - Production Operations
TITLE: OpenStack DevOps Engineer - Production Operations LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA 94089 CONTRACT: 18 months or longer PAY: $80/hr. on W2
Our client is a subsidiary of an American multinational telecommunications company for its media and online businesses.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Summary: A Principal Openstack DevOps engineer with expertise in large scale Production Engineering operations.
SCOPE OF POSITION
- Lead contributor on multi-dimensional projects
- Exercise judgement across group to make trade-offs
- Participate in cost/benefit analysis to shape decisions regarding operability and investments
- Own larger production systems by managing capacity planning, monitoring, auditing, performance optimization
- Design, develop and maintain tools to automate deployment, administration, build processes and monitoring
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices developed within organization
- Subject matter expert within specialty area
- Strong knowledge in at least one (preferably more than one) technical domain
- Unix/operating systems and platforms, computer/hardware architecture, performance engineering
- Networking, Internet traffic management
- Big Data
- Software development lifecycle, release engineering
- Public cloud, private cloud, IaaS/SaaS
- Information Security, Privacy, Regulatory Policy
- Data Center Infrastructure
- Understands best practices around and techniques for managing complex, large scale, distributed, high availability, production internet services
- Ensures fault tolerance in construction and deployment of distributed systems
- BS or MS in CS or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 and typically 7+ years of relevant experience with 3-4 years of technical leadership experience
- Significant experience in the following
- Analysis and maintenance of complex systems (research, reverse engineering, debugging, tracing, instrumenting), investigating fault scenarios
- Implementing one or more of: systems and E2E monitoring, capacity planning, traffic/data flow management, data reliability and protection, software & configuration management, systems automation
- Experience in the following:
- On-call responsibility/ownership for HA mission-critical systems
- Developing models of system behavior, performance, capacity benchmarking
- Software engineering, languages tools and concepts
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.