Project Management Consultant
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Project Management Consultant.
Job Title: Project Management Consultant
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Duration: 12 months or longer
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating reviews of global service requests requiring global clearance, on behalf of all business units. He/she will review, analyze, manage & recommend course of action on all global clearance requests from the inception of a project through completion of the clearance, working directly with the project team to determine the clearance type required and prepare all clearance documentation. The candidate will be responsible for working with cross-functional team members across the enterprise and with third parties.
1. Lead business units in the global clearance development and approval process for moving work offshore, drive participants to meet SLAs, and own the process of keeping Records and Reporting on Results to Management. The end to end Clearance Process is a multi-layered, project specific assessment of information and operational risk, and the actions required to obtain authorization for the proposed offshore work
- Partner with domestic and international business units in drafting new and revised clearances. (The Clearance Analyst provides expertise with complex clearance rules and requirements, and the business unit personnel contribute knowledge of what the business wishes to get cleared).
- Partner with domestic and international business units in presenting clearance requests to approvers, following up on any requests for additional information or modifications, and obtaining all required approvals.
- Partner with domestic and international attorneys to review and evaluate clearance requests and ensure that they comply with country regulations and legal requirements.
- Interpret complex Clearance policies and rules and apply to individual clearances in creative and practical ways to facilitate approval and minimize exception requests.
- Ensure that assigned business personnel understand the role of the business unit in creating clearance requests and shepherding these through the approval process.
- Keep an accurate record of progress on assigned clearances, monitor progress against clearance timeline, and keep management apprised of any jeopardies that may arise, along with recommendations on addressing these jeopardies. Take ownership for driving all participants in the process to meet clearance timeline.
- Provide periodic management reporting on clearance timeliness and throughput.
2. Working with the Clearance Manager, drive the process of continually improving the clearance development, approval, and record-keeping methodologies while also evolving these to support new business needs.
3. Provide Compliance guidance to the business units by working directly with clearance owners to ensure that they understand the rules for compliance for each clearance.
- Instruct clearance owners on the process for periodic self-assessment and verification of ongoing compliance with clearance parameters and conditions.
- Recommend improvements to the compliance aspect of the clearance process.
- Use lessons learned from the compliance aspect of the clearance process to drive down the incidence of non-compliance over time.
Must Have Skills:
- Minimum 4 years project planning and project management experience specific to products and services.
- Experience in various lines of business that support end to end business process
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong partnering skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid technical, business and financial acumen
- Ability to apply extensive knowledge of business systems to the clearance process
- Ability to collaborate effectively with business unit personnel in a range of activities from clearance drafting and approval to periodic compliance reviews
- Ability to keep accurate records and produce management reports
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters degree desirable and/or a combination of equivalent work experience
This position is standard 9-5, with calls/meetings at times outside of normal working hours due to time zone differences.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.